OHSAA/NATIONAL FEDERATION RULES WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS;
· Games will be 26 minutes with a running clock & 3 minute warmups.
· Clock will stop on all whistles in the last minute of the game.
· Each team will get ONE FULL timeout per game.
· There are no free throws attempted (except last minute of the game)—if a player is fouled in the act of shooting they will be awarded 1 point plus the ball out of bounds. If the basket is made they get the correct amount of pts. for the field goal (2 or 3) plus an additional pt. for the free throw WITHOUT shooting the free throw!
· The last minute of the game IS PLAYED LIKE A REGULATION HIGH SCHOOL GAME WITH BOTH TEAMS BEING IN THE DOUBLE BONUS so all fouls will result in free throws BEING SHOT!
· No player is permitted to play on more than 1 team in the same grade, but a player is permitted to play their own grade & any grade higher!
· A PLAYER EJECTED FOR FIGHTING CANNOT PLAY IN THE REST OF THE SHOOTOUT!
· Technical fouls will be handled as follows, 2 technical fouls on player=suspension from remainder of game and all of the next game. 2 technical fouls on any coach=game suspension. 2 points will be given to the team without shooting any free throws (unless its in the last minute of the game-then 2 free throws will be awarded)
· ANYONE REFUSING TO LEAVE THE FACILITY CAN RESULT IN A TEAM FORFEIT! NO REFUNDS!
· There are no overtimes—tie scores will be broken by a 3 person shootout—each team will select 3 different players to each shoot one free throw—team ahead at end of this is the winner! If we are still tied after the 3 person shootout—each team selects one different player to shoot a free throw until the tie is broken (each team will get to shoot)
· Mercy rule—clock will not stop in last minute if a team has a 10 point lead.
· 8th grade division & up will use the OHSAA high school size ball (boys only)
· Protests are permitted due to eligibility only & will be handled as follows; *protesting team must pay a $100 cash protest fee which will be returned if protest is found to be valid. ALL TEAMS MUST BE ABLE TO PROVE THE GRADE OF THEIR PLAYERS AT THE PLAYING SITE! Tournament director’s ruling is final!
** TO DISCOURAGE CHEATING WE WILL RANDOMLY CHECK TEAMS FOR PROOF OF GRADE! **
· DOORS WILL NOT OPEN UNTIL 30 MINUTES BEFORE THE FIRST GAME OF THE DAY!
· No coolers will be allowed in the buildings—it is a SCHOOL fundraiser-they have a concession stand available!
· Admission $7 adults, $5 seniors, $3 students, 5 & under = free Maximum 3 coaches per tm.
· IT IS THE COACHES RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THEIR SCHEDULE & BRACKET SEEDINGS!
· NO TEAM IS PERMITTED TO PLAY WITHOUT A ROSTER TURNED IN—you can bring it to your 1st game if you did not mail a roster with your entry—failure to submit roster can result in forfeit(s).
2 TEAM TIE
A) results of head to head game
B) point differential +/- 10 pts. max. games between teams in tie– if still tied then pt diff in ALL games played +/-10. C) if still tied least points allowed in the common games (best defense) D) if still tied most points scored in the common games (best offense)
3 TEAM TIE
A) point differential +/- 10 points is the maximum/minimum pt diff. allowed to promote good sportsmanship & discourage teams from running up the score. Team with the best pt differential in games of tied teams is #1, 2nd best pt. differential is #2, 3rd best pt. differential is #3 etc. if still tied then point diff in all games played.
B) if still tied least points allowed in the common games (best defense) C) if still tied most points scored in the common games (best offense) D) if still tied—point differential in all games played +/- 10 points E) coin flip if still tied